Friday, April 16, 2010

Smells

People always ask me to sum up my cape verdean experience in a couple sentences... normally, i can' t do that because there is just too much to say. but today, when i was wine tasting in Mendoza i got it. i can sum up my entire experience; the smell of fermenting wine. i know it sounds weird, but today i walked into a winery and that smell hit me. the yeast, the grapes, everything about cape verde came back to me in that smell . i miss it...

anywho, today laurie and i went to 4 different wineries in Mendoza. we got to them by bicycle with a couple of english friends we met in a hostel. Well i should clarify, we didn't just bike, we tandom biked....it was a site to see and don't let anyone tell you that riding tandom is an easy thing. we almost crashed a million times, the most deadly was due to a pile of trash sitting in our bike lane, but in the end, we made it safe and sound (and quite tipsy!) we have one more day in mednoza tomorrow, which i think will be spent visitin the local hot springs since our legs and bums (english friends favorite word) are quite sore. we don't really have a plan for the next week but we'll figure it out, we always due.

i'll put some pictures up soon, maybe on facebook so keep a look out!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love those little bums!!
MOM

Anonymous said...

Whats up this iѕ kind of of οff topic but I ωas wonderіng if blogs use WYSIWYG edіtοrѕ oг if you have to manually
сοde wіth HTML. I'm starting a blog soon but have no coding know-how so I wanted to get advice from someone with experience. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

my site: older Girls