Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Wow, what a party!!!

Unfortunately, since I am running out of time to do everything, this post is not only serving as an update, but also as a thank you letter to all of you who were able to come to the party last sunday. It was amazing to see all of the people I love in one place together!!! It was so much fun, and boy those margaritas were delicious!!!

Anyways, I am back in Phoenix after my month long fairwell tour of California. I feel like I have been in a whirlwind the past few weeks, never being in one place for more than a week!! But I would not have traded it for the world. I started out my journey driving from Tucson to San Diego, flying up to Roseville for Michelle's wedding and hanging out with the Coupe family for almost a week. I flew back down to LA to stay for a couple days with my parents in the RV! It was my first "camp out" in the luxorious RV and I think I did pretty well. Then it was up the coast to visit the Scott's in Santa Clara and have lunch at Google with Julia (very impressive!). I then went to see my bestest friend Emily in San Mateo and that weekend we met up with my mom, Celeste and Heidi for a girls weekend in Santa Cruz. Let me just say that Emily and I had a lot to learn about drinking from those old farts!!! Finally, I ended up at the Ingols' in Roseville, helping Amy get ready to start her big girl job in San Francisco! I capped off the road trip with a big bang party at the Dodds' that turned in to more than I could have ever asked for!!! The drive back was long but mom, dad and I put in some portuguese tapes so I could start practicing one of my new languages!
My challenge now is trying to get packed before I leave on Sunday. I have A LOT of stuff and I don't think it is all going to fit and if it does it is going to be way over the weight limit so I need to get going!!! Hopefully I will be able to post again before I leave the country next wednesday, but if not, the next post will be from Cape Verde!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

love your energy lauren...we're so excited for your new adventure. best travels, lots of love,
livi, nate, gavin and soren

Anonymous said...

I am so very proud of you..and getting 2+ yrs of clothes to come in under 80lbs is an amazing feat! BUT, did you have to refer to me as an "old fart"??? Love you, Celeste